Why don't we just dance?!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

INTERNSHIP!!!!

So, Monday at 1:00 was my interview with Nebo School District in south Utah County.  It was kind of scary, but exciting as well!  There were two rooms with at least 12 interviewers each.  The tables were set up like a square, with only me on the 4th side!  Very intimidating.  They asked some basic questions like: "tell us about yourself," "why Nebo?" and "what is your favorite children's book?" Harder questions included: "How do you feel about balanced literacy?" "What is your management plan?" and "If we were to call your parents, what would they say about you?"

After Jerri (my teaching partner this semester) were finished, we got in the car, and screamed!  SOOO many emotions all at once--it was crazy! Then the anticipation started all over again. The interview was done, but now to wait and see if we got the job or not.  

Around 5:30, I got a call from the principal of Riverview Elementary offering me a 2nd grade position!!!  I had to keep myself from screaming on the phone in excitement!  I am sooo excited to have the job.  I went to the school with my mom that night around 7, so of course it was closed.  We were able to look in the windows though, and see the layout of the general classroom.  Sooo amazing!  Then today, I was able to go back during school hours and meet the facilitator and principal in person and tour the school.  There is a slight possibility I will be asked to teach 3rd instead, but I am happy doing either. :D  I can't wait!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment