Why don't we just dance?!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Graduation Surprise!

After Friday's commencement ceremony, we (G'ma & G'pa Maddox, the immediate fam minus Caleb, Lorin and I) went to Jim's Family Restaraunt in American Fork for Lunch. It was great because we could get right in! We figured it would be best not to choose somewhere in Provo because everywhere would be packed! Then we went home and Lorin and I bought our first set of hair clippers! The teacher that I am made the choice quite easy: we got the color coded clippers! Haha, yeah, he made fun of me for it, but I love it! Then I gave Lorin my first haircut ever! I was soooo scared, but it actually turned out rather nice. Next time, I'd cut the sideburns a little lower--I accidentally turned the mini clippers too much, so it was a little above his ear (about a millimeter, but still!). Lorin told me he had something amazing planned for us for the weekend, and Friday we didn't have to be there until about 6:30, but we wanted to leave around 3:30 so we didn't miss our reservations in SLC by getting stuck in traffic. I asked him what I should wear, because I have NO idea what we are going to do. He said casual is great. We are barely passing Jordan, with SLC in our sights and he asked if I had my ID. I told him that I didn't because I left my wallet at home. I figured he was buying, lol! Anyway, he kind of freaked out. Not on me, but in the way of 'oh my goodness, we need that!' way. Fortunately my dad was able to get it to us. So, as we are driving, we are getting to SLC and I ask him where we are going. He hands me the paper that says is a printed email from my dad that says "Madeline's ticket", so I start reading down the computer garbage stuff (the email was 3 pages, so it has all the forwarding addresses, etc on there). I get the part of: Departure SLC, Arrive LA. I was shocked!

"What is this?" I asked.
He said,"You really don't know?"
"A plane ticket to LA?"
"Yeah! What's in California, Madeline?"
"um...DISNEYLAND?!?!?!"
"Yep!" He said with a HUGE grin.

Yeah, I KNOW! I was totally blind sided. My mom and Mariah had packed everything I needed for the weekend. My parents had helped get everything planned and organized so we could have a weekend getaway. It was SOOOOOO amazing! I didnt' have my camera because it was out of batteries, but I had my Flip Video Cam, so we took TONS of video. I'm going to compile it together soon. I was totally shocked and wildly excited all at the same time. We had a wonderful time--got a lot of sun, and I am now ready to head back to work tomorrow, lol!

This pic isn't one we took, but it is still a good one! :D

2 comments:

  1. For fun! How awesome! I'm so jealous! Congrats on the graduation! You're super-woman! Love ya! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I still can't believe that happened. Loves!

    ReplyDelete